Cable and Telecommunications Advisory Committee
The Lawrence Township Cable and Telecommunications Advisory Committee (formerly the Cable Television Advisory Committee) is appointed by the Town Council to provide consultative and advisory assistance to Council and to act as the public’s advocate to the telecommunication service providers (Comcast and Verizon).
- Provides advice to Town Council regarding matters related to Cable and FiOS Television, Internet access and connectivity, and other matters as requested.
- Acts as the advocate and public’s voice with Comcast and Verizon in matters such as service problems, installation issues, etc. While the Committee has no control over programming content or channels, the Committee will bring the Public’s programming requests to the attention of Comcast and Verizon.
- Ensures that free internet and television service is delivered to all municipal and school facilities entitled to such service.
- Coordinates the refranchising process of the Cable Provider, currently Comcast, next scheduled for renewal August 7, 2012. Note that the Verizon franchise is statewide and not controlled by the Township.
The committee meets approximately every two months on Tuesdays at 7:30 in town hall. Specific meeting dates are posted on this website (calendar), and announced on Verizon channel 36 and Comcast channel 19.
The committee has developed a digital TV FAQ document available for the public.
- Abe Abramovich (Through 12/31/2014)
- Paul Alfieri (Through 12/31/2016)
- Ronald Comer (Through 12/31/2016)
- Bryan W. Smith, Chairman (Through 12/31/2013)
- Councilman David Maffei, Township Council Liaison
The Committee meets on call in the Municipal Building.