Growth & Redevelopment Committee
The Lawrence Township Growth & Redevelopment Committee consists of nineteen members that care about the growth and stability of local businesses. The at-large members are appointed by the Lawrence Township Council and serve a term of three years. Representatives of the Planning Board, Zoning Board, Trails, Open Space and Stewardship Advisory Committee, and the Environmental Resources and Sustainability Green Advisory Committee are appointed annually by the chairs of these boards and committees. The Committee works closely with liaisons from the Board of Education and the Council.
The Lawrence Township Growth & Redevelopment Committee consults with and advises the Council on matters pertaining to economic development and redevelopment in the Township. The committee looks for and values members that take an active interest in the health of local business community. Through a variety of programs and initiatives, the committee strives to support and promote the people and organizations that make the Township a great place to do business.
- In partnership with the Lawrence Chapter of the MidJerseyRegional Chamber of Commerce, the Annual Awards Ceremony recognizes the people, businesses, and buildings of the Township. The awards are presented each year to businesses, individuals, and civic groups that have enhanced the community in a special way: for job growth, expanding the tax base of the Township, building or renovating a structure that improves the quality of life in the community, or by participating in local activities that benefit the Town and its residents.
- The award winners for 2013 were: Lawrence Road Fire Company, Lawrenceville Fire Company and Slackwood Fire Company (Mayor’s Award), Denise Taylor, Great Looks Multicultural Hair Salon (Business Service Award), JC Strings (New Small Business Award), Mercer Council on Alcoholism & Drug Addiction (New Building/Renovation Award), Benjamin Franklin Elementary School (Ralph Copleman Environmental Award), The Cheesecake Factory (New Large Business Award) and Laura Nawrocik, Ashley Morris: Co-authors of "Lawrence Township Revisited" (Podmore/Dwyer Historic Award). The keynote speaker was Thomas J. Varga (Senior Vice President of Sponsorships, 2014 Special Olympics USA National Games).
- Advising local groups about funding sources, organizational issues, relevant other activities, etc.
- Holding committee meetings throughout the township to reach out to businesses and community groups.
- Publicizing activities that support (re)development and improve economic viability and qualify of life in Lawrence.
In addition, the committee makes recommendations on programs and activities to promote redevelopment, consistent with the master plan and land development ordinance, in underdeveloped commercial and industrial areas; and other related issues as directed by the Council.
- Donald Addison (Through 12/31/16)
- Christopher Bobbitt, Chair (Through 12/31/16)
- John Conroy (Through 12/31/14)
- Danielle DelPrato (Through 12/31/14
- Ryan Kennedy, Vice Chair (Through 12/31/14)
- Charles Lavine (Through 12/31/14)
- Lovette Love-Stevens (Through 12/31/15)
- Howard Nelson (Through 12/31/14)
- Tushar Patel (Through 12/31/16)
- Kevin Ralph (Through 12/31/16)
- Max Ramos (Through 12/31/15)
- John Schloesser (Through 12/31/16)
- Jags Vazirani (Through 12/31/14)
- Karen Vincent-Lavanga (Through 12/31/14)
- Mayor Cathleen Lewis, Township Council Liaison
- Andrew Link, Township Staff Liaison
- Susan Snook, Secretary
Generally, the Committee meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 P.M. in the Lower Level Conference Room in the Municipal Building.
For meeting times please see the Township calendar (http://lawrencetwp.com/calendar.html) for more information. For further information please contact the Township business advocate, Andrew Link at email@example.com.