Growth & Redevelopment Committee
The Lawrence Township Growth & Redevelopment Committee consists of nineteen members that care about the growth and stability of local businesses. The at-large members are appointed by the Lawrence Township Council and serve a term of three years. Representatives of the Planning Board, Zoning Board, Greenway Committee, and the Environmental Resources Committee and Sustainabilty Green Advisory Committee are appointed annually by the chairs of these boards and committees. The Committee works closely with liaisons from the Board of Education and the Council.
The Lawrence Township Growth & Redevelopment Committee consults with and advises the Council on matters pertaining to economic development and redevelopment in the Township. The committee looks for and values members that take an active interest in the health of local business community. Through a variety of programs and initiatives, the committee strives to support and promote the people and organizations that make the Township a great place to do business.
- In partnership with the Lawrence Chapter of the Mercer Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Annual Awards Ceremony recognizes the people, businesses, and buildings of the Township. The awards are presented each year to businesses, individuals, and civic groups that have enhanced the community in a special way: for job growth, expanding the tax base of the Township, building or renovating a structure that improves the quality of life in the community, or by participating in local activities that benefit the Town and its residents.
- The award winners for 20120 were: Evelyn A. Gill (Mayor’s Award), Leonardo's II Mediterranean Grill (Business Service Award), Captain Paul's Firehouse Dogs (New Small Business Award), ChoiceOne Pregnancy & Sexual Health Resource Centers (New Building/Renovation Award), LES Kids' Used Toys & Clothing Exchange (Environmental Award), and Daniel L. Ben-Asher, Dennis P. Waters and Paul J. Schindel for A Guide to Lawrenceville's Historic Landmarks (Podmore/Dwyer Historic Award). The keynote speakers were Lynda Benedetto and Marion Kapp (Simon Properties) and Scott Scungio (Scungio Borst Associates).
- Speakers for past awards ceremonies have included Jerry Fennelly (NAI Fennelly), Elizabeth Muoio (Mercer County), Richard F.X. Johnson (Matrix Development) and Morcehai Rozanski (Rider University).
- Advising local groups about funding sources, organizational issues, relevant other activities, etc.
- Holding committee meetings throughout the township to reach out to businesses and community groups. Past locations have included the National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey, the Lawrence Nature Center, and Heritage Village.
- Publicizing activities that support (re)development and improve economic viability and qualify of life in Lawrence.
In addition, the committee makes recommendations on programs and activities to promote redevelopment, consistent with the master plan and land development ordinance, in underdeveloped commercial and industrial areas; and other related issues as directed by the Council.
- Reza Asgari (Through 12/31/13)
- Christopher Bobbitt, Chair (Through 12/31/13)
- John Conroy (Through 12/31/14)
- Daniel DelPrato (Through 12/31/14
- Michael Franc (Through 12/31/13)
- Ryan Kennedy, Vice Chair (Through 12/31/14)
- Charles Lavine (Through 12/31/13)
- Donald Little (Through 12/31/13)
- Lovette Love-Stevens (Through 12/31/15)
- Michael Marion, Jr. (Through 12/31/11)
- Tushar Patel (Through 12/31/13)
- Max Ramos (Through 12/31/15)
- John Schloesser (Through 12/31/13)
- Jags Vazirani (Through 12/31/14)
- Karen Vincent-Lavanga (Through 12/31/14)
- Councilwoman Cathleen Lewis, Township Council Liaison
- Susan Snook, Secretary
Generally, the Committee meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 P.M. in the Lower Level Conference Room in the Municipal Building.
For meeting times please see the Township calendar (http://lawrencetwp.com/calendar.html) for more information. For further information please contact the Township business advocate, Andrew Link at email@example.com.