Municipal Alliance on Drug
and Alcohol Abuse
The Lawrence Alcohol and Drug Alliance (LADA) was formed in 1991. LADA is non-profit municipal committee. The goal of LADA is to empower the community. Its membership is comprised of local leaders, municipal employees and most of all YOU, the residents of Lawrence Township, who want to be involved in preventing alcohol and drug related problems in the community. The meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Lawrence Township Municipal Building, Manager's Conference Room. For the full list of events and meetings during the year check 2013 calendar.
The Lawrence Alcohol and Drug Alliance (LADA) serves as the official coordinating body for planning, awareness and prevention education efforts on abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in Lawrence Township.
- Consult with and advise Town Council on matters pertaining to alcoholism and drug abuse.
- Identify alcoholism and drug abuse prevention, education, and community needs in township.
- Seek funds from appropriate county and state authorities in support of substance abuse programs.
- Campfire Boys and Girls – Life skills for elementary school children.
- Project Graduation – Drug & Alcohol Free party to celebrate graduation.
- Lindsey Myer Teen Institute – Teen leadership program.
- Senior Link – Provides prevention education to senior citizens.
- PEI Kids – Prevention program to educate staff and students about bullying, its problems and consequences and how best to manage these situations.
Interested community members are invited to attend Alliance meetings. The only membership requirement is that you care about the citizens of Lawrence.
- Carol Chamberlain, Health Officer, Chairperson/Coordinator
- Steven Groeger, Superintendent of Recreation
- Ann DeGenaro, Designee for Superintendent of Schools
- Tim Drew, Designee for Chief of Police
- Ken Dunn (Through 12/31/13)
- Kelly Nitti (Through 12/31/14)
- Susan Varga (Through 12/31/13)
- Carol Chamberlain, Township Staff Liaison
- Councilman Jim Kownacki, Township Council Liaison
Generally, the Alliance meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 5:00 P.M. in the Municipal Building.