Municipal Alliance on Drug
and Alcohol Abuse
The Lawrence Alcohol and Drug Alliance (LADA) was formed in 1991. LADA is non-profit municipal committee. The goal of LADA is to empower the community. Its membership is comprised of local leaders, municipal employees and residents of Lawrence Township, who want to be involved in preventing alcohol and drug related problems in the community. The meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Lawrence Township Municipal Building, Manager's Conference Room. For the full list of events and meetings during the year check 2017 calendar.
The Lawrence Alcohol and Drug Alliance (LADA) serves as the official coordinating body for planning, awareness and prevention education efforts on abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in Lawrence Township.
- Consult with and advise Town Council on matters pertaining to alcoholism and drug abuse.
- Identify alcoholism and drug abuse prevention, education, and community needs in township.
- Seek funds from appropriate county and state authorities in support of substance abuse programs.
- Campfire Boys and Girls – Life skills for elementary school children.
- Project Graduation - Drub & Alcohol Free party to celebrate graduation.
- Peer Leadership Group – Lawrence High School student leadership group..
Interested community members are invited to attend Alliance meetings.
- Carol Chamberlain, Health Officer, Chairperson
- Nancy Bergen, Superintendent of Recreation
- Ann DeGennaro, Designee for Superintendent of Schools
- Lt. Joseph Amodio, Designee for Chief of Police
- Kelly Nitti (Through 12/31/18)
- Susan Varga (Through 12/31/17)
- Susan Stahley (Through 12/31/17)
- Naeem Aktar (Through 12/31/17)
- Lewis Korngut (12/31/18)
- Carol Chamberlain, Township Staff Liaison
- Mayor David Maffei, Township Council Liaison
Generally, the Alliance meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 5:00 P.M. in the Municipal Building.