Shade Tree Advisory Committee
The Shade Tree Advisory Committee consists of seven members appointed by the Lawrence Township Council. All of the members serve as volunteers.
We advise Planning & Zoning Boards on applications for site plan and subdivisions regarding standards, types and planting specifications for shade trees. We recommend to Township Council programs of shade tree improvement, planting and replacement along public rights-of-way. See our latest brochure.
- Arbor Day Celebration
- Memorial Tree Program
- Tree City USA
- Judy Bubar (Through 12/31/15)
- Rosemarie Clark (Through 12/31/13)
- Carmine DiSanzo, Chair (Through 12/31/15)
- Edward S. Sproles, Vice Chair (Through 12/31/14)
- Janet Kane (Through 12/31/13)
- Doris M. Weisberg (Through 12/31/15)
- Councilman Michael S. Powers, Township Council Liaison
- Andrew Link, Township Staff Liaison
Generally, the Committee meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 7:00 P.M. in the Engineering Conference Room in the Municipal Building.
Projects & Activities
The Shade Tree Adivsory Committee regularly participates in the Lawrence Township annual Community Day in October. The photo pictures the Shade Tree Advisory Committee’s past display with members drawing the winner’s name for a bonsai tree. Pictured left to right are Councilman Michael S. Powers, Shade Tree Advisory Committee member Carmine Di Sanzo, Committee member Janet Kane, and Committee member Edward S.Sproles. The winner of the bonsai tree was Tom Birkbeck.
Year 2012 Report by Chairman Carmine DiSanzo