Steven J. Groeger, Superintendent of Recreation
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
ANNOUNCEMENTS - September 18, 2014
- All New Fall Fitness Program for Teens Each one hour class we will work on your technique in the weight room covering squats, presses deadlifts, cleans and snatches. This is the foundation for increasing your core strength and improving your results on the athletic field. In the second half of the class we will use what we learned in the first half of class and develop metabolic conditioning workouts incorporating weightlifting, running, calisthenics and gymnastics. These workouts will increase strength and conditioning of all athletes. More including registration forms are available on the attached. You can also register online using the link.
- FALL/WINTER BROCHURE The Lawrence Township Recreation Department Fall and Winter Brochure is now available by using this link to view or print. The brochure provides details about Fall and Winter Swimming lessons, Youth Basketball, Lawrence Lightning swim team, Adult Volleyball as well as other programs offered through the Recreation Department during the Fall and Winter.
- COMMUNITY DAY The annual Lawrence Township Community Day is scheduled for Sunday October 5th from 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm in Village Park. If you are interested in participating use the attached form.
CLOSINGS/CANCELLATIONS/CHANGES - September 18, 2014
Program Details and Forms
For additional youth programs in Lawrence Township such as soccer, baseball, and football, see related links at the bottom of the page.
- Baseball/Softball Fields in Central Park:
- Colavita Field
- Carroll Field
- Grant Field
- Hughes Field
- Pezzicola Field
Football Field in Central Park:
- Elvin Bethea Field
- Armory Fields
- Mooch Myernick Training Facility in Village Park
- Zimmer Field in Central Park
Softball Fields in Village Park:
- Betty Leedom Field
- Gatterdam Field
- Central Park
2207 Lawrenceville Road, PO Box 6006, Lawrenceville NJ 08648
- Steven J. Groeger, Superintendent of Recreation
Cell Phone: 609-847-2648
30 Darrah Lane East, Lawrenceville NJ 08648
- Lillian LaSalle, Executive Director Office on Aging
- Luise Watson, Clerk
The Lawrence Township Recreation Advisory Committe is appointed by the Township Council to work with the Lawrence Township Recreation Department to plan and promote activities for the residents of Lawrence. The Committee meets the first Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Lower Level Conference room. Residents are encouraged to attend these meetings.
- Ed Budzinski
- Glenn Collins
- Harper Collins
- Bob Dalle Pazze
- Ed Fedorko
- George Ferenchick
- Geoffrey Kimmel
- William Pitman
- Christopher Sawasky
- Marie Tagliaferri
- Sigmund Zegarski
Lawrence Hamnett Soccer Association
A volunteer organization providing recreational and competitive soccer opportunities for boys and girls 5 to 17 years old living in Lawrence Township.
Lawrence Lacrosse Club
A volunteer organization that organizes and coordinates recreational and competitive lacrosse for boys and girls between Pre-K to 8th grade.
Lawrence Township Junior Baseball/Softball Association
A volunteer organization that organizes and coordinates baseball and softball leagues for boys and girls between 8 and 18 years of age.
Lawrence Junior Cardinal Football Club
A volunteer organization that provides a competitve contact football program for boys in Lawrence Township. They offer 4 travel teams for boys in grades 1 to 8.
Lawrence Township Board of Education
The home page for the Lawrence Township School District.
Lawrence Township Nature Center
The website for the Rinck House and the Lawrence Township Outdoor Education/Nature Center.
Lawrence Hopewell Trail
The off-road path that when completed will wind its way for more than 20 miles through Hopewell and Lawrence connecting parkland, open space and other attractions in the two communities.
Lawrence Community Center
The Lawrence Community Center at 295 Eggert Crossing Road provides recreation, social and educational opportunities for the entire community.