Steven J. Groeger, Superintendent of Recreation
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
ANNOUNCEMENTS - December 4, 2013
- TREE LIGHTING AND CLOTHING COLLECTION Join us on December 8 at 6 pm for the annual Tree Lighting and visit from Santa. For more details see the attached. This year the Recreation Department will also be collecting scarves, mittens and other winter clothing to be donated to children in need. For more information on how to help see the flyer.
- LAST CALL FOR YOUTH BASKETBALL There is still time to register for youth basketball but space is limited. More details are available from the flyer.
- STILL TIME TO REGISTER FOR JUNIOR WRESTLING AND INDOOR FIELD HOCKEY The Recreation Department will start Junior Wrestling on Wednesday December 4 and Indoor Field Hockey gets underway on Sunday December 8. For more details use the flyers for Wrestling and Indoor Field Hockey.
- ADULT EXERCISE CLASS The Recreation Department is again working with VIVA Fitness to offer Zumba and Pilates classes.For more details see the attached flyer.
FALL AND WINTER BROCHURE
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR FALL AND WINTER ACTIVITIES! The Lawrence Township Recreation Department is now accepting registration for Fall and Winter activities. Online registration can be completed by using the following online registration link . Registration will continue to be accepted in the Recreation Office or by mail.
CLOSINGS/CANCELLATIONS/CHANGES - December 4, 2013
- The Lawrence High School pool will close at 1:30 pm on Saturday December 14 for a Lawrence Lightning Swim Meet.
- The Lawrence High School pool will be closed on Monday December 23, Tuesday December 24 and Wednesday December 25.
Program Details and Forms
For additional youth programs in Lawrence Township such as soccer, baseball, and football, see related links at the bottom of the page.
- Baseball Fields in Central Park:
- Carroll Field
- Grant Field
- Hughes Field
- Pezzicola Field
Football Field in Central Park:
- Elvin Bethea Field
- Armory Fields
- Mooch Myernick Training Facility in Village Park
- Zimmer Field in Central Park
Softball Fields in Village Park:
- Betty Leedom Field
- Gatterdam Field
- Central Park
2207 Lawrenceville Road, PO Box 6006, Lawrenceville NJ 08648
- Steven J. Groeger, Superintendent of Recreation
Cell Phone: 609-847-2648
30 Darrah Lane East, Lawrenceville NJ 08648
- Lillian LaSalle, Executive Director Office on Aging
- Luise Watson, Clerk
The Lawrence Township Recreation Advisory Committe is appointed by the Township Council to work with the Lawrence Township Recreation Department to plan and promote activities for the residents of Lawrence. The Committee meets the first Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Lower Level Conference room. Residents are encouraged to attend these meetings.
- Ed Budzinski
- Glenn Collins
- Bob Dalle Pazze
- Ed Fedorko
- George Ferenchick
- Stacy Gallagher
- Geoffrey Kimmel
- William Pitman
- Christopher Sawasky
- Marie Tagliaferri
- Sigmund Zegarski
Lawrence Hamnett Soccer Association
A volunteer organization providing recreational and competitive soccer opportunities for boys and girls 5 to 17 years old living in Lawrence Township.
Lawrence Township Junior Baseball/Softball Association
A volunteer organization that organizes and coordinates baseball and softball leagues for boys and girls between 8 and 18 years of age.
Lawrence Lightning Junior Football Club
A volunteer organization that provides a competitve contact football program for boys in Lawrence Township. They offer 4 travel teams for boys in grades 5, 6, 7, 8, and an instructional league, Lawrence Thunder, for boys in grades 2, 3, 4.
Lawrence Township Board of Education
The home page for the Lawrence Township School District.
Lawrence Township Nature Center
The website for the Rinck House and the Lawrence Township Outdoor Education/Nature Center.
Lawrence Hopewell Trail
The off-road path that when completed will wind its way for more than 20 miles through Hopewell and Lawrence connecting parkland, open space and other attractions in the two communities.