Steven J. Groeger, Superintendent of Recreation
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
ANNOUNCEMENTS - April 16, 2014
- *NEW* SUMMER BASKETBALL CAMP The Recreation Department will be offering a full day basketball this summer. Coaches from Lawrence High School will work with campers on fundamentals and developing skills.For more details click on the attached flyer.
- *NEW* SPRING SPORTS SQUIRTS PROGRAM The Recreation Department has partnered with the US Sports Institute to offer multi-sports opportunities for pre-K children this Spring. For more details click on the attached or the flyer.
- *NEW* SPRING ADULT EXERCISE CLASS The Recreation Department is again working with VIVA Fitness to offer Zumba and Pilates classes and new Outdoor Boot Camp and Walk/Run Club. For more details see the attached flyer.
- SPRING/SUMMER BROCHURE The Lawrence Township Recreation Department Spring and Summer Brochure is now available. Use this link to view or print the brochure. The brochure provides details about Spring/Summer Swimming and Tennis lessons, Summer Camps, Safety Town and Travel Camp as well as other programs offered through the Recreation Department during the Spring and Summer.
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR SPRING AND SUMMER ACTIVITIES! The Lawrence Township Recreation Department is now accepting registration for Spring and Summer activities. Online registration can be completed by using the following online registration link . Registration will continue to be accepted in the Recreation Office or by mail.
- SUPPORT THE LAWRENCE TOWNSHIP FIREWORKS The Lawrence Township Recreation Department will be raising money again in 2014 to pay for the annual fireworks display scheduled for July 5 at Rider University. You can help support the fundraising efforts by dropping your loose change in any one of the many cannisters throught the Township, sending a donation or supporting any of the fundraisers scheduled for Applebees, CheeBurger CheeBurger or Captain Paul's.
CLOSINGS/CANCELLATIONS/CHANGES - April 16, 2014
- The Lawrence High School pool will be closed on Thursday April 17 and Friday April 18.
Program Details and Forms
For additional youth programs in Lawrence Township such as soccer, baseball, and football, see related links at the bottom of the page.
- Baseball Fields in Central Park:
- Carroll Field
- Grant Field
- Hughes Field
- Pezzicola Field
Football Field in Central Park:
- Elvin Bethea Field
- Armory Fields
- Mooch Myernick Training Facility in Village Park
- Zimmer Field in Central Park
Softball Fields in Village Park:
- Betty Leedom Field
- Gatterdam Field
- Central Park
2207 Lawrenceville Road, PO Box 6006, Lawrenceville NJ 08648
- Steven J. Groeger, Superintendent of Recreation
Cell Phone: 609-847-2648
30 Darrah Lane East, Lawrenceville NJ 08648
- Lillian LaSalle, Executive Director Office on Aging
- Luise Watson, Clerk
The Lawrence Township Recreation Advisory Committe is appointed by the Township Council to work with the Lawrence Township Recreation Department to plan and promote activities for the residents of Lawrence. The Committee meets the first Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Lower Level Conference room. Residents are encouraged to attend these meetings.
- Ed Budzinski
- Glenn Collins
- Harper Collins
- Bob Dalle Pazze
- Ed Fedorko
- George Ferenchick
- Geoffrey Kimmel
- William Pitman
- Christopher Sawasky
- Marie Tagliaferri
- Sigmund Zegarski
Lawrence Hamnett Soccer Association
A volunteer organization providing recreational and competitive soccer opportunities for boys and girls 5 to 17 years old living in Lawrence Township.
Lawrence Lacrosse Club
A volunteer organization that organizes and coordinates recreational and competitive lacrosse for boys and girls between Pre-K to 8th grade.
Lawrence Township Junior Baseball/Softball Association
A volunteer organization that organizes and coordinates baseball and softball leagues for boys and girls between 8 and 18 years of age.
Lawrence Junior Cardinal Football Club
A volunteer organization that provides a competitve contact football program for boys in Lawrence Township. They offer 4 travel teams for boys in grades 1 to 8.
Lawrence Township Board of Education
The home page for the Lawrence Township School District.
Lawrence Township Nature Center
The website for the Rinck House and the Lawrence Township Outdoor Education/Nature Center.
Lawrence Hopewell Trail
The off-road path that when completed will wind its way for more than 20 miles through Hopewell and Lawrence connecting parkland, open space and other attractions in the two communities.