**There is a new procedure to apply for a Firearms ID card and Permit to Purchase
Applications are now to be completed online at:
Once the application has been completed you will receive an email indicating that your application was approved or denied. The Lawrence Township Police Department will contact you when your documents are completed. If you have any questions related to the firearms process, please contact 609-844-7112 or email us.
APPLYING FOR A PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN
The following instructions are the same for the initial and renewal application
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLWING AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. Driver’s License and Birth Certificate OR Driver’s License and Naturalization Paperwork/Green Card
2. Three (3) State of New Jersey Applications For Permit To Carry A Handgun, form SP642. Must be double sided and notarized.
3. Four (4) color passport size photographs.
4. Consent for Mental Health Search, form SP066.
5. Written proof of ownership and qualification with the handgun(s) you intend on carrying.
Proof of ownership can be a purchase receipt, purchase permit or a notarized letter of ownership listing make, model, and serial number of handgun(s).
Written qualification must be within six (6) months of application and must include Instructors Name and Certification Number, make, model, caliber and serial number of handgun(s) you intend to carry.
6. Money Order in the amount of $50.00 payable to; “Treasurer, State of New Jersey”
7. All applicants must be fingerprinted for initial or renewal applications. Applicants can visit the IdentoGO website to schedule an appointment. When scheduling, use ORI# NJ0110700 for Lawrence Twp. A fingerprint service code (2F164B), and contributors case number (use applicants last name, month, day, and year of application). Fingerprints results MUST BE received within 90 days of application.
THE APPLICATION MUST BE RETURNED TO THE "LAWRENCE TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT", WITH A COPY OF THE DRIVERS LICENSE AND OR PASSPORT, WHEN COMPLETED.
**FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING RETURNED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-APPLY
Application forms are available to download online at: