Lawrence Township has been a leader among municipalities in the State of New Jersey in meeting (and exceeding) our affordable housing obligations under the law. To that end, we have retained Piazza & Associates (piazzanj.com/affordable-housing) to assist us with the administrating, monitoring and compliance of our affordable housing program. Piazza & Associates helps connect qualifying persons with low-income and moderate-income homes for sale and rent.
Our Municipal Manager, Kevin P. Nerwinski, Esq., is the Director of Affordable Housing for the Township of Lawrence.
A copy of the Lawrence Township. Affordable Housing Plan can be found here.
Board Members & Liaisons
- Kevin P. Nerwinski, Esq. Director
- Peter Ferone, Vice Chair (Through 12/31/23)
- Mary McKillip (Through 12/31/23)
- Murali Mallampti (Through 12/31/22)
- Denis Michel (Through 12/31/22)
- Craig Schultz (Through 12/31/23)
- Joyce Scott, Alternate (Through 12/31/22)
- Keva Stewart, Alternate (Through 12/31/22)
- Kevin Van Hise, Chair (Through 12/31/23)
- Jean D. Washington (Through 12/31/22)
- Councilman Christopher Bobbitt, Township Council Liaison
- TBD, Township Staff Liaison
Assistant to the Director:
Click here to access the Affordable Housing Agendas and Minutes Archives.
Second Amendment to Fair Share Housing Agreement - June 15, 2021
Affordable Court Order - DOCKET NO.: MER-L-1538-15 - June 4, 2021
Notice: Fairness Conditional Compliance Hearing - May 21, 2021
First Amendment to Fair Share Housing Center - April 20, 2021
Developers Agreement - February 9, 2021
First Amendment to Developers Agreement - February 9, 2021
State of New Jersey Affordable Housing
Mercer County Affordable Housing
Affordable Housing FAQs
Generally, the Board meets on the 4th Thursday of each month at 6:30 P.M. in the Community Development Conference Room in the Municipal Building.