Click here to access the Planning Board Agendas and Minutes.
The powers of the Planning Board include the following:
- Adopt a Master Plan
- Hear applications and make decisions on Subdivisions, Site Plans and Conditional Uses
- Adopt the Official Map
- Prepare a Capital Improvement Program
- Advise Township Council on changes to Land Use Ordinance.
In most cases a proposal for land use begins with an application which is filed in the Office of Community Development. Applications conforming to Township zoning are considered by the Planning Board. Non-conforming land use proposals are considered by the Zoning Board. Pursuant to the Municipal Land Use Law, the Township imposes an applicant fees and costs to recover expenses incurred in processing applications. Depending on the schedule of the Planning Board and complexity of the application, the period to complete the process is between three (3) and nine (9) months. Assistance in the application process is available in the Office of Community Development.
Meetings are held in the Township Municipal Building, Lower Level Conference Room, generally the first and third Monday of each month and begin at 7:00 p.m. Information for attending / participating at a Planning Board meeting can be accessed here.
Members & Liaisons
- John Ryan, Mayor (Class I, Through 12/31/23)
- Kevin P. Nerwinski, Manager (Class II, Through 12/31/23)
- James S. Kownacki, Councilman (Class III, Through 12/31/23)
- Naeem Akhtar (Alternate #1, Through 12/31/23)
- Maria Connolly, Vice Chair (Class IV, Through 12/31/23)
- Ian Dember (Class IV, Through 12/31/25)
- Alan DiSciullo (Class IV, Through 12/31/24)
- Phillip Duran (Class IV, Through 12/31/23)
- Terrence O. Leggett, Chair (Class IV, Through 12/31/25)
- Leslye Scipio (Alternate #2, Through 12/31/24)
- Kim Taylor (Class IV, Through 12/31/26)
- If you are interested in applying for a position on this or any board/committee, please complete this form.
- James Parvesse, Municipal Engineer, Zoning Officer and Planning Board Secretary
- For information regarding the Planning Board contact: Susan Snook, Administrative Assistant (609) 844-7011